This is the sauce in Greek cuisine you can’t live without. It goes on anything and everything. Its a dip with some pita chips or a topping on your grilled chicken. And the amazing part is that it’s totally healthy and good for you!
Comprised of Greek yogurt, fresh cucumber, red wine vinegar, fresh dill, olive oil, fresh garlic, the absolutely important aspect is that you mix, and then taste to make sure there is enough salt, vinegar etc. Another crucial step is to let the sauce sit in your fridge for at least 30 minutes prior to consumption. This is necessary for the flavors of all of the ingredients to meld and come together. You mustn’t rush perfection!
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from the site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Easy Greek Tsatziki Sauce
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded + shredded
- salt to taste
- 10 oz Greek yogurt
- 2 tbs fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1-2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Gently pat the cucumber shreds with paper towel to absorb as much liquid as possible, but you still want the cucumber to have some moisture to it.
- In a resealable container, mix the yogurt, dill, oil, garlic, red wine vinegar and salt to taste. Lastly fold in the cucumber until combined. Taste the tsatziki and adjust anything if needed.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to meld.