This soup is amazing in texture and flavor. I have to warn you though, the cayenne packs a punch, so leave it out if you’re sensitive to spicy heat. I added some Greek yogurt to the bowl to counter the heat. I also recommend the fresh squeezed lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil to finish.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this recipe or any other from my site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the dish! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Healthy + Creamy Celery Soup
- blender (or food processor)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1¾ lbs celery stalks
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth (or vegetable)
- 1 cup water
- 1 lb potatoes, peeled + quartered
- pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup parsley, stemmed
- 1/3 cup dill, stemmed
- Garnish: olive oil drizzle, lemon juice, chives + Greek yogurt
- To remove the strings from your celery, snap each stalk in half and then pull down on the strings to remove on each half. Then you can proceed to chop the stalks.
- In a large pot, heat your oil on medium. Add in the onion and saute for 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic for 30 seconds. Then add in the celery, potatoes, broth, water, a dash of cayenne and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Partially cover and cook until the potatoes are fork tender but not mushy – about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the soup to a bowl to cool and then add (in two batches) half the soup to your blender along with half the parsley and dill. Blend on high until smooth and velvety. You can also use a food processor. Repeat with the remaining soup and herbs.
- If it is too cool, add it back into your pot to reheat. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil, lemon juice, more chopped herbs and an optional scoop of Greek yogurt.