I can’t get over how incredible this salad is. Starting with the perfect chicken and finishing with that creamy ginger tahini dressing, I could eat this every day.
A whole in one. So easy to whisk up and has just the right sweetness and tang a proper dressing needs. If you don’t have sesame oil, you can sub in more olive oil. You can use any white vinegar to sub in for the rice vinegar. Or just add in more lime juice. If you don’t have honey, sub in some maple syrup.
That beautifully caramelized chicken is all thanks to the honey, soy and oil combination. This recipe is from my older Chipotle Burrito Bowl copy cat recipe, if you followed me from the beginning you would know. I use this recipe so much on chicken, shrimp and fish and it is always well received.
For the salad, you can use what you have on hand. Any cabbage works, green, savoy or red. If you don’t like peanuts, you can sub in some cashews or sunflower seeds.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe!
Honey Sesame Soy Chicken Salad
- 1/2 head red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, oil, honey and seasonings. Add the the chicken to the bowl, toss to coat all, cover and refrigerate while you prep your salad ingredients and dressing.
- Whisk together your ingredients until smooth. May need to add water (1 tbs at a time) to reach desired drippy consistency. Taste and adjust honey, salt or tang as needed.
- Heat a large skillet on medium high. Once hot, add the chicken pieces in and cook for about 5-6 minutes per side or until internal temperature reads 165° F. Remove from the pan and transfer to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Slice thin and toss with the rest of your salad ingredients. Top with dressing and enjoy!