There’s something about a delicious chopped Greek style salad with lots of creamy feta cheese and a tangy dressing that puts a smile on my face. Perpetually in the mood for this with some sliced up grilled chicken, salmon or canned tuna. The simplest of lunches and dinners that will have you coming back for more.
I personally prefer the cucumber the same as the red onion: sliced thin on the mandolin (but diced up into small pieces also works). The olives need to be halved, and the avocado needs to be diced. The fresh dill is the ideal herb to use here. It pairs amazingly with the feta cheese.
The dressing is super simple and easy to whip up. You most probably have all of these fresh delicious ingredients lying around. The tang from the vinegar and lemon juice coupled with the sweetness of the honey is total perfection. I like to serve this with some toasted pita bread and add some sesame seeds or Everything But the Bagel seasoning at the end for that textured aesthetic. Chef’s Kiss!
We appreciate you coming by Hungry Happens and checking out this dish! If you make this or any other recipe, please comment and rate on how you feel about it! Thank you and Cheers!
Feta Cucumber Avocado Salad
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1-2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup black olives, halved
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients until smooth. Taste and adjust salt, pepper and vinegar and lemon if necessary.
- Toss everything to coat. Serve with some toasted pita bread or combine with some grilled chicken, salmon or canned tuna for a complete meal.