If you love easy delicious meals that come together in one pan – you are currently in the right spot. My entire family loved this dish and I loved making it. It’s gluten free and has the protein and veggies come together in one pan for easy clean up.
If you don’t have green cabbage, you can use red/purple cabbage but the end result of color will change. You can also use chicken breasts instead of thighs if that’s what you have.
Thank you for supporting Hungry Happens! I hope you enjoy making this dish as much as I loved creating it! If you could take the time to comment and rate the recipe, we would greatly appreciate it! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
One Pan Chicken and Cabbage
- 1½ lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- salt, onion powder, garlic powder + paprika
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1 medium head green cabbage, sliced thin
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely grated
- 1½ cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- garnish: fresh parsley
- Cut your chicken into small pieces. Season them generously with salt, onion powder and garlic powder.
- In a large deep skillet, heat the oil. Once hot, add in the chicken and cook for 6 minutes – or until browned on both sides. Next add in the onion and saute for 2 minutes. Stir in the garlic for 30 seconds and then the tomato paste too.
- Next mix in the cabbage shreds for a minute or two until coated and slightly wilted down, then mix in the carrot shreds and then finally add in the broth and seasonings. Bring to a simmer and lower the heat to continue the simmer cook, stirring occasionaly, for about 10-15 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated. Top with parsley and enjoy!