I can’t stop thinking about how juicy and tender the chicken comes out with that simple 20 minute milk marinate. Its so easy to add in to your prep because you start with the chicken, and while that’s marinating, you chop up your veggies and getting everything else ready.
We used chicken breasts, but you can also use boneless skinless thighs here too. Also customizable are the vegetables; eggplant, mushrooms, tomatoes, etc. can be subbed it. This is definitely a clean out your fridge type of meal.
Once you get the ingredients tossed all together and spread out on your baking sheet, make certain they don’t look dry to you, especially the vegetables! The beauty of this dish is that the breadcrumbs and pecorino coat the chicken and give it a nice texture. You can leave out the last step of mozzarella cheese if you’re not into that and this dish will still rock your socks off!
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you coming back to comment and rat the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Cheesy Chicken Veggie Sheet Pan Dinner
- 3 chicken breasts, cubed large chunks
- 1 cup milk
- 1 zucchini, sliced thick halfmoons
- 1 stalk broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1/2 red onion, sliced into big chunks
- 1 large bell pepper, sliced into chunks
- 1/2 tsp each garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, dried oregano, chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup breadcrumb
- 1/3 cup grated pecorino
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Garnish with chili pepper flakes + basil
- In a medium bowl, marinate your chicken pieces in the milk for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- While the chicken is marinating prep your veggies and gather your ingredients.
- In an XL bowl, toss your sliced veggies, chicken, seasonings, breadcrumb, pecorino, olive oil to coat. Transfer and spread the goods out on your baking sheet. If the veggies look at all too dry, drizzle on a little extra olive oil. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with mozzarella all over and stick back in the oven until melted.
- Optional: garnish with chili pepper flakes and fresh basil.