I love my one pan/pot easy week night dinners. This is a spin off on my One Pan Creamy Chicken and Rice dish that was extremely popular on Instagram and TikTok. Why the popularity? Simple and quick to make and hell-a delicious.
This time I went with a more seasoned version and added a few more veggies in there. I think mushrooms or broccoli would work really well in this type of dish too.
Thank you for swinging by HungryHappens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, please leave and comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
One Pan Creamy Chicken Fajita Rice
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1.5 lbs chicken breasts
- garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and chili powder to taste
- salt to taste
- 4 tbs butter
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 jalapeños, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup basmati rice, rinsed clean
- 3¾ cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino cheese
- Slice your chicken into bite size chunks. Season them generously with your seasonings.
- Heat your olive oil in a deep skillet and cook your chicken for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Melt the butter in your pan and cook your bell pepper, onion and jalapeños for 3 minutes. Add in the garlic and stir for 30 seconds. Add in the rice and stir for 1 minute. Pour in the broth, mix and bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer and cover and cook for about 17-20 minutes or until your rice is done. You may have to add more broth. Rice times vary. Stir occasionally.
- Stir in the heavy cream and parmesan cheese until creamy.
- Optional: serve with fresh cilantro and lime.