Zucchini season is finally upon us and I couldn’t be more excited. This one pan orzo dish is the perfect way to use up that zucchini in your kitchen – its so easy to make in under 20 minutes. All of the ingredients are very basic but the come together to form an incredible dish.
You can serve this with grilled fish or chicken. Or you can meal prep this for the week’s lunches. I eat it cold right out of the fridge and LOVE IT. I highly recommend the extra drizzle of a good olive oil when you serve this – it really makes the dish!
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Creamy Lemon Feta Zucchini Orzo
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced (large shallot)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb orzo pasta uncooked
- 2 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 large lemon, zested + juiced
- 1 tsp Italian herb seasoning
- salt and peppe to taste
- 3½ cups low sodium chicken broth (or veggie broth)
- 1 cup milk
- 5 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbs fresh dill, chopped
Optional Garnish: olive oil, lemon juice, chili flakes + dill
- In a large skillet, heat your olive oil on medium. Add in the onion and saute for 2 minutes. Add in the garlic and stir for 30 seconds. Add in the orzo and stir for one minute to coat. Toss in the zucchini shreds and stir for 2 minutes. Mix in the lemon juice, lemon zest, Italian herb seasoning, salt and pepper to taste, chicken broth and milk. Bring to a boil then lower the heat to a simmer and cook for 10-12 minutes or until the pasta is tender. If it needs more liquid, add some broth in to keep the texture creamy, not dry.
- When the pan is off the heat, stir in your crumbled feta and dill.
- To serve, top with a nice drizzle of olive oil, chili flakes and enjoy!