This will be your winning Thanksgiving side dish. It’s definitely simple but it is crowd pleaser through and through. My favorite version of this is with shredded parmesan and feta cheese but it all works. Mozzarella, cheddar, whatever you have in your fridge. Roasting veggies always brings out their flavors so much more intensely. Just be careful with asparagus not to over cook it; will become soggy and inedible. Also love to top this with some chili pepper flakes for some added heat. The cheese, garlic and asparagus pair perfectly together.
Cheesy Garlic Roasted Asparagus
- 2 bunches asparagus
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (or parmesan)
- Optional Garnish: fresh dill and lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Line a baking sheet w parchment paper.
- Stem your asparagus and then transfer them to the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix the crushed garlic, chili pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Pour over asparagus and toss to coat. Evenly spread out the asparagus on the sheet.
- Roast for 10-15 minutes (depending on the size of the asparagus). Remove from oven and sprinkle w cheese. Bake until melted. Garnish with more chili pepper flakes, chopped fresh dill and squeeze some lemon juice on top.