Another easy, solid, flavor packed meal. Yes, I have had this solo for dinner thanks to the protein packed mushrooms. It’s incredibly hearty and satisfying. You can also serve it as a side dish with some steak or lobster. Big chef’s kiss!
You can use baby bella mushrooms, cremini, shitake or white button. You can also sub in vegetable broth or chicken broth. Use vegan butter to make this dish completely vegan. The Worcestershire sauce is a non-negotiable ingredient – don’t skip it! Your rice cook time will vary from rice to rice. Read your package instructions and adjust your liquids if necessary.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would appreciate you taking the time to rate and comment on the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
One Pot Creamy Mushroom Rice
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1½ lbs baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup basmati rice uncooked
- 2-3 cups low sodium beef broth
- 2 tbs butter
- chives, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large deep skillet. Add the onion and cook 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and stir for 30 seconds. Add the mushrooms and Worcestershire and cook until mushrooms are browned about 5 minutes. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Stir in the rice and cook for 1 minute. Next add the broth, bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat. Simmer until rice is cooked – mine was 15 minutes – but check it because different rice has different cook times. Add additional liquid if needed. Stir occasionally.
- When rice is done, stir in the butter to coat. Serve with chopped fresh chives.