You can purchase this recipe as part of a paid partnership with Target – please see ‘SHOP INGREDIENTS‘ button right below the Ingredient List in the Recipe Box. This type of availability to buy what’s needed always makes my life more simple and the prices at Target always seem to be the lowest from other supermarkets I shop at. You can purchase online and then pickup at the store or have them delivered. Does not get better than that to start the cooking process going ASAP and the deliciousness flowing!
This soup is the gift that keeps on giving. Its vegetarian and super satisfying nonetheless. The perfect way to use up your veggies and that frozen tortellini. If you don’t like kale, feel free to sub in baby spinach or roughly chopped Swiss chard in its place. You can use milk in place of the heavy cream or just leave it out and it will still taste great! You can also use gnocchi instead of the tortellini or any medium to small sized pasta.
Thank you for swinging by HungryHappens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE and please check out the new tab on the bottom of the Ingredients List below, where you can shop these items at Target!
One Pot Vegetable Tortellini Soup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 4 medium carrots, diced
- 12 oz mushrooms, diced
- 4 celery ribs, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbs Italian herb seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 7 cups low sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1½ lb cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 handfuls kale, chopped
- In a large pot, heat your oil on high. Once hot, add in the carrots and onion to saute for 3 minutes. Add in the mushrooms and celery and mix to combine and saute all for another few minutes. Next stir in the garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add in the paprika, Italian herb seasonings, salt and pepper to taste and tomato paste and stir to coat all. Next add in the wine and broth and bring to a boil. Simmer covered for 20 minutes or until the carrots are tender.
- Add in the tortellini and grated parmesan and boil for 5 minutes. Lastly stir in the heavy cream and kale – gently.
- Optional: Top with freshly grated parmesan, a light drizzle of olive oil and enjoy!