A banana bread like no other you’ve had before. It is beyond words and super easy to make. I never knew something so wonderful could happen to me lol. The chocolate banana bread is so deliciously rich and the peanut butter is this sweet creamy amazingness. Please get on this!
You want to start by making the peanut butter filling so that it can sit in the refrigerator for a while to firm up. You can use brown sugar or white sugar. Make sure your cream cheese is softened and your peanut butter is all natural and room temperature as well.
I predominantly bake with avocado oil because it is neutral in flavor and yields a very moist bread/loaf/muffins. Obviously butter tastes the best, but I think avocado oil is the better healthy choice for me. You can also use white sugar instead of brown sugar.
Thank you for swinging by HungryHappens! If you decide to make this recipe or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the dish! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Filled Chocolate Banana Bread
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temp.
- 1/3 cup peanut butter, room temp.
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a 9×5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat your filling ingredients until smooth. Cover the bowl and refrigerate while you make the batter.
- In a large bowl, mash your bananas. NExt add in your oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Next add in your flour, cacao powder, baking soda and salt and mix until combined. Lastly fold in your chocolate chips.
- Pour 75% of the chocolate batter into your pan. Then add in the peanut butter layer spreading out gently. Laslty top with your remaining chocolate batter. Bake for about 1 hour and 10 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. I loosely covered mine with aluminum foil to prevent the top from burning about the 50 minute mark. Allow to rest in the pan for 15 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to set for 30 minutes.