This bread is the fluffiest and most flavorful basic recipe you need for pumpkin bread. Feel free to add in walnuts, seeds or just make it plain. It stands on its own perfectly well, without any added supplements. And it will have your home smelling incredible.
The ingredients here are pretty straight forward of which you most likely own since it is November 1st and pumpkin is running rampant. Any sugar works, any milk works and any neutral oil works (such as coconut oil, olive oil or sunflower oil).
When you’re using regular all purpose flour, you do not want to over mix the batter. If you do, it will produce a chewy consistency that no one wants any part of. PRO TIP: Right before you feel like its completely incorporated, that’s when you fold in the chocolate chips.
This loaf is the iconic breakfast treat with a nice Greek coffee or latte or basic coffee. Or even better, the late afternoon coffee and pumpkin snack bread. The smell of this bread will undoubtedly put a smile on your face for days.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- Preheat you oven to 350° F. Line a 9×5" loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the first 6 ingredients.
- In a large bowl lightly beat your eggs and then add in the pumpkin, milk, sugar, oil and vanilla. Mix to incorporate.
- Add the dry to the wet and mix until just combined. Lastly fold in the chocolate chips, do not over mix. Transfer the batter to your pan and (optional) sprinkle the top with more chips.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan for 30 minutes and then remove to a cooling rack to cool for another 30 minutes prior to slicing.
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger