I am so happy to share this delicious creation with you. If you are having a get together for the holidays or just want to have something yummy with your wine tonight, this is what is ON!
The shrimp are to be peeled completely, deveined and diced up into small pieces. They cook fast in the pan at 2 minutes and then stay juicy in the oven. Don’t worry, the oven bake will not overcook your shrimp. This is a super creamy, rich and cheesy dip which of course, includes some mozzarella, cream cheese and a little sour cream. It also contains some onion, bell pepper, garlic and chives, chopped tiny for more texture and flavor.
The other super important ingredient here is the seasoning. You can use whatever you have for the spicy aspect. I used DanO’s Chipotle but you can toss in some chili powder, red pepper flakes, Cajun or just go with some Old Bay Seasoning for that seafood vibe. All will work beautifully. DO NOT skip the Worcestershire Sauce and lemon juice. Both are integral to the complete flavoring of this dip.
Definitely remember to top this dip with some additional fresh chives for aesthetic. I used some sliced up and toasted French bread (crostini) but you can also scoop this goodness up with some tortilla chips to keep it gluten free.
Spicy Shrimp Dip
- 1 tbs butter
- 1/4 onion, fine chop
- 1 small red bell pepper, fine chop
- 1 lb shrimp, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt to taste
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temp.
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a medium sized, oven safe skillet, melt your butter on medium heat. Add the onion and pepper and sauté for 3 minutes. Move your veggies to the side of the pan and add in the chopped up shrimp, garlic and season with your chili powder and salt to taste. Toss everything around for 2 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice and Worcestershire.
- Remove the pan from the heat and mix in the cream cheese, sour cream and 1/2 cup of the mozzarella, parmesan and chives until smooth and combined. Top the mixture with the remaining mozzarella and bake for 20 minutes. Turn on your broiler for 1 or 2 minutes to achieve those golden brown bubbles.
- Top with some fresh chives and serve with toasted French bread or tortilla chips.