WARNING: This salad will not last long. It is one of my top three salads of all time. Seriously easy to make and covers all the flavor bases. Texturally, it satisfies me so much. Those couscous pearls are my favorite.
I recommend cooking the couscous in low sodium chicken broth to pack it with some yummy flavor. You can also prepare it in water, just make sure you follow the package instructions and stir it occasionally.
You can use canned corn, corn grilled on the BBQ or frozen like me. I just heated some oil – but I recommend butter to amp up the taste – and tossed it around on the skillet until it started to get those grill marks on most of the kernels. Season with salt and pepper too.
So now the best part: that delicious White Balsamic Vinaigrette – oh my lord, is it amazing! Its worth taking a trip to the market if you don’t have any in your house. It is truly life changing.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, please take the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Avocado Corn Couscous Salad
- 2 cups uncooked couscous
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups frozen sweet corn
- 1 tbs butter (or olive oil)
- 12 oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- 16 oz fresh mozzarella balls, halved
- 2 avocados, cubed
- Cook your couscous as per package instructions using the chicken broth instead of the water. Season with salt and pepper to taste and add a drizzle of olive oil to the pot. Once done, transfer to a plate and let it cool.
- To a large pan, add the butter or oil and then the corn. Sauté to get those brown marks on the kernels. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk together all the ingredients and taste the dressing. Adjust if necessary.