This is my favorite salad because I am a major fan of all the ingredients, especially that corn! Buttery corn is my weakness. Especially when its barbecued.
Also, there is something so satisfying shaving corn off the cob. I cannot explain the euphoria. And then biting into those big chunks in the salad – magnificent. If you like this salad you will love my Avocado Corn Couscous Salad or my Mediterranean Style Cowboy Caviar!
This sauce is everything ..with a little bit of mayonnaise and sour cream and that cotija cheese to tie it all together. Cotija cheese is similar in taste to parmesan cheese and in texture to feta cheese. Don’t forget to sprinkle the top with some extra crumbled cotija cheese and cilantro for aesthetic purposes. Big chef’s kiss and I need to make this again ASAP!
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this recipe or any other from our site, please take the time to comment and rate the dish! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Mexican Street Corn Salad
- 3 tbs Greek yogurt
- 3 tbs mayo
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 lime, half zested + fully juiced
- 1/2 tsp chili powder (or Sriracha)
- salt to taste
- 4 ears corn
- 2 tbs butter
- 1/2 large bell pepper, fine chop
- 1 small jalapeño, fine chop
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Grill your buttered corn on your BBQ to get those lovely black grill marks and smokey flavor. You can also use frozen corn (thats heated through in some boiling water), roast in the oven or boil the ears. Allow to cool and then slice off the kernels and add to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, mayo, garlic, lime juice, zest, chili powder + salt. Taste and adjust if needed. Sometimes I add 1/2 tsp sugar to compliment the spicy.
- Pour this mixture over the shaved corn and mix to combine.