The dip is perfect for any occasion. We love it best with some toasted French bread or tortilla chips. Especially important is the lemon which always pairs well with seafood. You will not regret making this dip, it will certainly please you and your company!
The ingredients are so few and quick and easy to throw together. For the canned clams, try to find Wild Clams if you can. Make sure to use all the clams from all three cans but to drain the juice from one of the cans. We only need the clam juice from the two cans.
I like to serve mine topped with some fresh parsley for garnish, extra lemon wedges and of course some French bread toasted or tortilla chips for the dipping.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you decide to make this recipe or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you leaving a commenting and rating the dish. LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Baked Clam Dip
- 1 tbs olive oil (or butter)
- 1 large shallot, fine chop
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 6.5 oz cans chopped clams
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp Italian blend seasoning
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- For the clams, keep the juice from TWO of the cans and drain the juice from the third can. Reserve it in case you need it later.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly spray a small casserole dish with olive oil.
- Heat your olive oil in a medium sized skillet. Sauté your shallot and garlic for 4 minutes on low heat. You don't want to brown them. Turn off the heat on the burner and add in the clams and juice, parmesan, Sriracha, lemon, seasonings, salt and pepper to taste and mix. Add the breadcrumbs and stir to combine. Mixture should resemble globby wet sand. If its too dry, add a little of the reserved clam juice to the mixture to get the texture.
- Transfer your mixture to the prepped baking dish and evenly spread out – top with shredded cheese. Bake for 30 minutes and then broil if necessary to get that golden crust. Serve immediately with more lemon, chips, crackers or french bread.