Forget banana bread for a minute. I made a batch of these last weekend and ate them all week long. You just warm them up in the toaster slots. IDEAL weekday morning breakfast arrangement.
The banana flavor really comes through here. The chocolate is a beautiful supplement. I always add them for a little something extra on the weekends. Makes them a little more special. Plain banana though, is more than enough.
All of these ingredients are on your counter, in your pantry and your fridge. Please try these and let me know how much you love them. You can sub in oat flour to make them gluten free. You can use any milk to make it dairy free. Lastly, you can use any neutral oil, like olive oil, sunflower oil or melted butter or coconut oil.
Serving with maple syrup or honey is totally optional in my opinion. There is the sweetness from the bananas and chocolate chips so I can eat these all day without the syrup. I did enjoy the butter on top though.
Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, mash your bananas and then mix in the egg, milk, oil and vanilla.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture bowl, until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Lightly spray a pan with some coconut oil and heat on high. Scoop 1/3 cupfuls of the batter onto the pan. After a 10 seconds, lower the heat to low. Cook until pancakes are golden brown on both sides.
- Optional: top with butter to melt and maple syrup or honey.
- Use oat flour instead of all purpose flour to make this Gluten Free.
- Use any neutral oil, such as melted coconut oil, olive oil, sunflower oil or melted butter.
- Use almond milk and to make this dairy free. And dairy free chocolate chips.