I could eat these forever. The cabbage is so sweet and the feta is super savory. The pancetta brings the flavor, but is optional. The brownie/pie part of the bars is the BEST part though. It’s like a decadent french pastry. LOVE IT.
You all know how much I’m obsessed with my savory brownie style bars. For example, if you havent tried my Spinach and Feta Brownies or my Broccoli and Feta Brownies, what are you waiting for? They are just like these…incredible and addictive.
This recipe is prepped in two parts. First its the pancetta (or bacon) and cabbage. You need the onion and garlic in there too to add some sweetness and flavor. And lastly the dill gets mixed in at the end.
The batter is the second part of this recipe that gives that cake like brownie feel. Its comprised of 5 eggs, mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, sour cream, flour, baking soda and baking powder. My favorite finish to this bake are the sesame seeds you sprinkle on the top. The top ends up being golden brown and gorgeous!
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment and rate the recipe. LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Cabbage Feta Brownies
- 4 oz pancetta (or bacon)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 small head cabbage, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup dill, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 7 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbs sesame seeds (topping)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Spray your baking dish with oil.
- In a large skillet, cook your pancetta until crispy. Remove to a paper towel lined plate. Add the onion and saute in the pan for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the garlic for 30 seconds. Add in the cabbage, season with salt and pepper and toss. Cover the pan and lower the heat. Cook the cabbage for about 10 minutes or until wilted. Stir occasionally. Transfer mixture to a paper towel lined platter and mix in the dill. Let it cool down.
- For the batter, in a large bowl, mix the lightly beaten eggs with the mayo, sour cream, yogurt until smooth. Add in the flour and baking soda + powder and mix until combined. Transfer 2/3 of the batter to your baking dish and spread out evenly. Top with the cabbage mixture and spread out evenly. Top with the feta and the pancetta evenly. Then spread on the remaining batter. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes. Allow to cool 20 minutes prior to slicing.