This simply put, changed my mind about cabbage forever. If you’ve been following us for a while, you know we love our veggie steak sides in this house and cabbage is no exception. This recipe and method brings out the flavor of the cabbage and you just want to keep eating.
I made it two ways as options for a yummy pizza situation and a more grown up Mediterranean style with pesto and feta. Both taste incredible but the pizza is my favorite only because I am a pizza fanatic.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other on our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Cheesy Cabbage Steaks (Pizza or Mediterranean Style)
- 1 green cabbage
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp each garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, chili powder, Italian herb blend
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425℉ and line your large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- DO NOT trim your cabbage stem/core – leave it intact. Slice your cabbage first in half, then into thick slices. You should end up with 6 or 7 slices/steaks.
- In a glass measure cup combine the olive oil, grated parm, spices listed and salt and pepper to taste. Brush this mixture on both sides of each cabbage piece and bake for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Top each steak with 1 tbs of either the marinara or pesto and spread out evenly with the back of your spoon. Sprinkle with mozzarella and top with pepperoni (or feta and min red peppers), dried oregano and chili pepper flakes. Pop back in the oven until cheese is melted – a few minutes.