This salad took me under 30 minutes to make and will surpass all of your expectations. By the way, I am really loving this salad series I started on social media. Totally inspired by other food bloggers doing the same thing, I decided to do it myself and now I am exploring all of these salads I might not have made otherwise. I hope you guys are enjoying them too!
Those shrimp you don’t know what do with in your freezer.. chop em up, season them and cook em up in your skillet. They come out slightly crunchy too – soooo good! I used baby spinach and baby arugula because thats what I had but you can use romaine hearts here too. The cheese is also substitutable for goat cheese or whatever your heart desires! Make sure you toast whichever nut or seed you end up using – it makes all the difference!
This dressing is one for the books. Its tangy sweet, tart and oh so yummy. It’s the perfect topping for this combination of shrimp, strawberries and avocado. And the kicker is that there was no mayonnaise used in the making of this dressing lol and it still tastes like heaven! Please try this salad and especially this dressing!
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Chopped Shrimp Strawberry Avocado Salad with Creamy Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing
Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing:
- 1¼ lbs shrimp, deshelled + deveined
- onion powder, garlic powder + salt to taste
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 7 oz baby spinach
- 7 oz baby arugula
- 10 oz strawberries, hulled+ halved
- 2 medium avocados, sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, rough chop
- 5 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- Whisk together all of the ingredients until smooth and incorporated. Taste and adjust anything that needs adjusting. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Peel and devein your shrimp. Chop each shrimp into three pieces. Season them generously with salt, garlic powder and onion powder and toss to coat.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and once hot, add the shrimp. Cook only 1-2 minutes per side and then promptly remove from the pan and set aside.