This salad is something of an addiction for me. The chicken is seasoned spicy with chipotle powder and the crunchy romaine, corn, bell pepper, tortilla chips, creamy avocado, black beans, pepper jack cheese, fresh chives and Pickled Red Onions all compliment it perfectly.
The dressing however, is the best part. If you’ve never tried adding BBQ sauce to your salad dressing, now is the time! And the ranch seasoning is the cherry on the sundae.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Chicken BBQ Ranch Salad
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (Greek yogurt)
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tbs Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 2 tbs milk
- 2 tsp Ranch seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1.5 lbs chicken breasts
- salt, chipotle powder, garlic powder & onion powder to taste
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, chopped
- 14 oz black beans, drained + rinsed
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4 oz shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup smashed tortilla chips
- Pickled Red Onions
- 1/3 cup fresh chives, chopped
- In a large salad bowl, whisk together the salad dressing ingredients. Taste and adjust the flavors to your palate.
- Season your breasts front and back with salt, chipotle powder, garlic powder and onion powder to taste. Heat 1 tbs olive oil in a pan or on your grill and cook the meat until reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Let the pieces rest for 5 minutes and then dice em up.
- Toss everything in the bowl with your salad dressing and toss to coat.