This soup is absolutely a yummy bowl of love. If you’re a fan of corn and cheese, like me, this is IT right here. You need to make this asap. I could eat this once a week, winter OR summer.
This recipe is courtesy of the amazing Skinny Taste, Gina we love this one! And it’s fairly simple to make too. It’s all prepared in one pot with just the cauliflower being pureed in the blender. And that’s the best part – it creates the super creamy texture of the soup and adds extra nutrients and vitamins. Win win.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this recipe or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment and rate the dish! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Cheddar Cauliflower Corn Chowder
- 8 strips bacon, chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbs flour
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 small Yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 1 small cauliflower, main stem removed to separate the large stalks
- 1 lb frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- In a large pot, over medium heat, cook your bacon pieces until crispy. Remove them from the pot and transfer them to a paper towel lined plate.
- Add in the onion and sauté for 4 minutes. Toss in the garlic and stir until fragrant. Next sprinkle in the flour and mix for 1 minute to coat. Next add in the seasonings, salt and pepper to taste too. Pour in the broth, potatoes, and cauliflower. Bring the soup to a boil and then lower the heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cauliflower stalks, 1 cup of the soup broth and 3/4 cup of the corn to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Transfer this mixture back to the pot along with the remaining corn, the half and half and the cheese. Bring to a simmer and cook on low for 3 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Serve with the reserved bacon.