Fried chicken used to be one of my most favorite dishes growing up but now its kind of a special occasion food or pretty much off limits all together. Thankfully alternatives exist like these baked thighs that will definitely make you lick your fingers.
The marinade is spiced just right to flavor the chicken perfectly. The yogurt is perfect for tenderizing the chicken meat and adding protein. And the outer crunchy layer is also packed with deliciousness from the parmesan and seasonings. You can make this with skin on or skin off. Legs, thighs or breasts work here. I would serve these with some potatoes.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Crispy Baked Chicken Thighs
- 8 chicken thighs, bone in + skin on
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs (or almond flour)
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp of each garlic powder, onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Rinse and pat dry your chicken thighs
- To a large bowl, add all of your marinade ingredients and whisk together until combined. Transfer in those chicken pieces and toss to coat all. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Take your meat out of the fridge 30 minutes prior to baking it.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Spray a slotted pan with olive oil.
- Mix together all of your dredge ingredients in a shallow rimmed plate. Grab your chicken pieces, remove any excess yogurt from them and then dredge them front and back in the parm mixture, pressing gently down to adhere to the skin side tops. Transfer to your baking pan and spray tops with olive oil. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the chickens internal temperature reads over 165°F.