These chicken thighs came out flawless thanks to the simple crust exterior – baked not fried. And yes, you can also air fry these as well. You don’t need the sauce but it certainly is a bonus for extra hot sweet and spicy flavor. I used the leftover pieces in sandwiches the next day, so only add the honey sauce to the pieces that you are planning to eat immediately.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Spicy Crunchy Chicken Thighs
- 2¼ lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- salt to taste
- 6 cups cornflakes
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp each chili powder, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder + Italian herb blend
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs Sriracha sauce
- 1 cup potato starch (or cornstarch or arrowroot powder or regular flour or tapioca starch)
- olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse and pat dry your chicken.
- In a food processor, combine your corn flakes, parmesan cheese, and spices and pulse for just a few turns, to resemble bread crumbs. Transfer to a shallow plate.
- In a shallow plate, house the starch. Dip each piece of chicken first in the starch, then the egg, allowing excess to drip off and then lastly in the corn flakes mixture, pressing to adhere to the meat. Transfer to your prepared baking sheet and spray or lightly brush with olive oil. Bake for 20-25 minutes – flipping half way through.
Spicy Honey Sauce:
- In a small pot, combine the honey, Sriracha and seasoning. Heat on low whisking together for just a minute or two or until its warmed through.
- Drizzle the sauce only on the pieces you plan to eat right away.