This is definitely my most favorite way to make salmon – the flavor is THE BEST I’ve every tried. I kid you not. The beauty of this recipe is that you don’t have to make these muffins, you can use the marinade and glaze for large pieces of salmon to serve however you please.
After my Spicy Salmon Sushi Rice Muffins went viral, I knew I had to create a runner up with salmon but I think this is better by far. The flavor combination is exceptional to say the least.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you try this recipe or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the dish! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Killer Crack Salmon Muffins
- 3 sheets nori paper
- 1½ cups cooked sushi rice, fully cooled
Killer Crack Salmon:
- sliced scallions, shredded carrots
- Preheat your oven 400℉. Grab a scissor and cut your nori sheets into 4 equal squares.
- In a large bowl, whisk the olive, oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, ginger, garlic, sesame seeds and scallions. Add in the cubed salmon and marinate for an hour or up to overnight.
- To each nori square, add about 1 heaping tablespoon of rice and spread out slightly. Transfer the square to your muffin slot, pushing down gently to center the rice in the middle with the edges coming up along the sides of the slot. Grab out 4-5 salmon cubes and fill each muffin slot. Transfer the pan to your oven and bake for 15 minutes. Broil, if needed, at the end, to get a little tan on the salmon .. 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the glaze. Taste and adjust if needed.