These bite sized sushi rice muffins were gone in minutes. My family loves sushi but I hate paying $20 per roll at the restaurant since my kids need at least 2 rolls to feel full. Yes they love to eat. This is basically a delicious alternative with a fraction of the cost.
The idea started on TikTok from a food blogger by the nam of Victoria Minell @torminell – she has some amazing recipes and I highly suggest you check her out!
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If your create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Spicy Salmon Rice Muffins
- 3 sheets nori paper
- 1½ cups cooked sushi rice (or basmati)
- 1 lb salmon, skin removed + cubed small
- 2 tbs sesame oil (or olive oil)
- 1 tbs low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbs honey
- 2 scallions, diced
- 1/2 tsp each garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, paprika, dried oregano
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup kewpie mayo
- 2 tsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 avocado, diced small
- 2 tsp black sesame seeds
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Grab a scissor and cut your nori sheets into four equal squares.
- Toss your cubed salmon in a bowl with all of the rest of the salmon ingredients and coat. Marinate for up to 4 hours.
- To each nori square, add about 1 heaping tablespoon of rice and spread out slightly. Transfer the square to your muffin slot, pushing down gently to center the rice in the middle with the edges coming up along the sides of the slot. Grab out 4-5 salmon cubes and fill each muffin slot. Transfer the pan to your oven and bake for 15-17 minutes. Broil, if needed, at the end, to get a little tan on the salmon .. 1-2 minutes.
- Remove allow to cool slightly and top with your avocado, sesame seeds and drizzle of spicy mayo.