Let’s hear it for the soups that are velvety smooth without the heavy cream or cheeses added in. Don’t get me wrong, we love cheese in this house, however, I firmly believe in moderation of everything. And let’s not forget how simple this is to make. The only thing to clean is the kitchen knife and blender.
The ease to which this recipe is prepared is so incentivizing. Just slice, toss and go. I cooked the bacon while the veggies were roasting and didn’t even realize the time go by. You can also add in some fresh crusty bread to make this a satisfying meal.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Roasted Broccoli Cauliflower Soup
- 1 lb broccoli, sliced into medium florets + stalks sliced too
- 1 small cauliflower, sliced into medium florets
- 3 shallots, halved
- 1 head garlic, top trimmed
- 2-3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian herb blend seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- Optional Garnish: 4 cooked strips bacon, crumbled
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the broccoli, cauliflower, shallots and toss with the olive oil, herb blend seasoning, salt and pepper to taste. Spread them out evenly then add in your garlic head and drizzle it with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast this tray for 40-45 minutes.
- Warm your chicken broth through and add it to your blender along with the roasted broccoli, cauliflower and shallots. Squeeze the garlic out and into the blender too. Process this until its nice and smooth. Taste the soup and adjust the salt and pepper if needed.
- I topped mine with crumbled bacon and chili pepper flakes but that is optional.