This is one of my family’s favorite dishes that they ask for me to make constantly. Its super simple to throw together last minute or meal prep overnight to marinate in all those delicious yet simple flavors. The
I would also advise you to make this with my Lazy Tzatziki or traditional Greek Tzatziki for dipping. It really brings this dish together and to the next level. I would also serve this with some warm pita and my Greek Traditional Horiatiki Salata or Maroulosalata.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Lemon Pepper Chicken Souvlakia (Skewers)
- (4) 8 inch skewer sticks
Optional Dip Shown:
- Preheat your oven to 425 or your air fryer to 400 F.
- Pat dry your rinsed chicken thighs with paper towel. Slice into 2 inch squares pieces. In a large bowl mix the olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, black pepper, salt and paprika. Add in the chicken to coat. You can marinate covered in the fridge or just skewer it directly onto your 8 inch sticks and cook. Pack the pieces tightly onto the sticks.
- In your OVEN at 425°F: bake for 25- 30 minutes flipping half way through. In your AIR FRYER at 400℉: cook for 12 minutes, then flip and cook for another 10 minutes.Internal temperature of your chicken should read over 165℉
- If you need to brown them to get that golden color, simply set your oven to broil for a few minutes.
- In a small glass whisk together WELL all of the Sauce Ingredients. Taste and adjust if needed. Pour it onto your chicken souvlakia and enjoy!