We were blown away but this delicious and easy to make rice crust pizza. It came out super crispy and was so easy to make. After I wrapped my head around how amazing the crust turned out, I had to acknowledge the also quick an delicious chicken drenched in buffalo sauce. Winning combination!
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, please take the time to comment and rate the recipe! Now LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Buffalo Chicken Rice Crust Pizza
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breasts, cubed
- salt, garlic powder, onion powder
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 5 tbs chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heaping hot sauce or Sriracha
- 1/2 cup heaping heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- garnish: fresh chopped parsley + extra drizzle of Sriracha
- Preheat oven to 425℉. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- To a blender or food processor, add the cooked rice, eggs, cheese and water. Process till smooth. Mixture will be on the thick side. Transfer to your baking sheet and using a small rubber spatula, spread it out into a round pizza shape. Should be about 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch thick. Spray the top with olive oil. Bake for 15 minutes or until the crust turns golden brown. When you take it out of the oven, remove the parchment paper.
- Heat your olive oil on medium high. Add in the chicken and cook for about 5 minutes per side. Add in the onions and saute for a few minutes. Then pour in the broth, hot sauce and heavy cream. Simmer this low heat and let it reduce for about 5 minutes or until it thickens.
- Transfer the chicken and sauce to your cooked rice crust and spread out evenly. Top with mozzarella cheese and throw it back in the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.