Greek Tomato and Feta Cauliflower (Kounoupidi)
The delicious authentic Greek flavors of this dish will have you coming back for more.
This is one of the simplest of dishes to make. The only real work is slicing up your cauliflower and onion. Next your gonna just saute them in a pot with some garlic, canned tomatoes, honey and spices. Once that par-bake is complete, you can transfer everything to your baking dish, top with feta and a little grated parmesan and bake until ready.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Greek Tomato Feta Cauliflower (Kounoupidi)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 oz can peeled whole plum tomatoes, crushed with your hands
- 1½ tsp dried oregano
- small stick cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbs honey (optional)
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 7 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tbs grated parmesan cheese
- olive oil spray
- In a pot, heat your olive oil on medium. Add in the onion and saute for a few minutes. Stir in the garlic for 30 seconds. Stir in the tomatoes, oregano, cinnamon stick, salt and pepper to taste and honey. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes on low heat. Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Add in the cauliflower and mix to coat. Cover and cook for 10 more minutes. Transfer the mixture to a baking dish, top with feta and parmesan.. spray with a little olive oil and bake for 30 minutes.
So good!! My family loved it added chicken and Naan bread!
MMMMMM i love the add in of the naan bread for the sauce and feta!
Absolutely delicious! I wouldn’t change anything in the recipe! I served it with grilled chicken. It would also be great with shrimp!
HI Cathy, PERFECT with grilled chicken or shrimp – like a saganaki! Thanks for the rating!
I really enjoyed this recipe! Cauliflower is not something I ever go to make, until now! It was really very delicious and satisfying. Super easy to make too.
I made this recipe and it was a big success at home. thank you
Hi Marina, so happy to hear that! Thank you for rating the dish as well!
Absolutely delicious and very tasty! Easy to prepare and the cauliflower is tender, but not too soft. It was a hit with my Greek partner too. Thank you!
HI Susan, Glad you both enjoyed the Kounoupidi! Thanks for the rating!!
This dish is amazing, so easy to make and absolutely delicious!!!! We are vegetarian so made this with quinoa as a meal. Oh and I added lots of Parmesan because I loooooove parmesan.
Hi Melissa, I’m obsessed with parmesan! Glad you guys liked the Kounoupidi! Thank you for the review and feedback too!