This is one of the simplest of dishes to make. The only real work is slicing up your cauliflower and onion. Next your gonna just saute them in a pot with some garlic, canned tomatoes, honey and spices. Once that par-bake is complete, you can transfer everything to your baking dish, top with feta and a little grated parmesan and bake until ready.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Greek Tomato Feta Cauliflower (Kounoupidi)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 oz can peeled whole plum tomatoes, crushed with your hands
- 1½ tsp dried oregano
- small stick cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbs honey (optional)
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 7 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tbs grated parmesan cheese
- olive oil spray
- In a pot, heat your olive oil on medium. Add in the onion and saute for a few minutes. Stir in the garlic for 30 seconds. Stir in the tomatoes, oregano, cinnamon stick, salt and pepper to taste and honey. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes on low heat. Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Add in the cauliflower and mix to coat. Cover and cook for 10 more minutes. Transfer the mixture to a baking dish, top with feta and parmesan.. spray with a little olive oil and bake for 30 minutes.