This is a fabulous cake thanks to the wholesome ingredients and delicious taste. The only issue is that I always want a second piece of cake. Pairs ideally with some coffee, tea or a glass of milk. I add tahini onto mine too!
To make this gluten free, make sure your oats are gluten free. To make this dairy free, make sure your milk is dairy free. If you don’t have butternut squash, you can use carrots or pumpkin in its place. And if you want the cake a little sweeter, add in 1/3 cup maple syrup.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe. LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Healthy Breakfast Cake
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbs milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Ground up your oats in mini food processor until it reaches a flour like consistency. Pour them into a small bowl and combine with the milk. Leave this mixture to sit for at least 20 minutes. While that's happening…
- Grate your butternut squash and apple.
- Preheat your oven to 350℉. Line your pan or pie dish with parchment paper.
- This cake is not super sweet. If you want it sweeter, simply add in more maple syrup .. 1/3 cup.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, maple syrup, olive oil, baking powder, cinnamon and salt until smooth. Add in the oat-milk mixture and combine. Add in the butternut squash and apple and stir to form your uniform batter. Transfer to your pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow to sit in your pan for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool some more.
- Whisk together the ingredients until smooth. May need more milk to reach desired consistency. Once the cake is cooled, top with the icing.