A healthier breakfast treat with all whole ingredients that my kids won’t stop asking for. That’s why we make these again and again. Well that and the fact that they taste INCREDIBLY YUMMY. The espresso powder really levels up the baking here but don’t worry if you don’t have any, you can sub in instant coffee powder/granules, OR you can just leave it out and bake on. They will still taste amazing.
For the ingredients we are using canned pumpkin puree. You can substitute that with 2 large, ripe, mashed bananas, sweet potato puree or butternut squash puree. Any one of these ingredients will provide you with an ultra fluffy muffin.
Disclaimer, these are highly addictive. Your chocolate fix will be overly satiated. You can even drizzle some caramel on top to make some caramel mocha muffins.
Flourless Pumpkin Mocha Brownie Muffins (One Bowl)
- Preheat your oven to 325° F. Spray your mini muffin tray with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl mix all of the ingredients until just smooth. Using a cookie scoop, transfer the batter to your muffin tray, filling each slot until almost full.
- Bake for 17 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. If you're making regular sized muffins, increase the bake time to 20-22 minutes.
- Allow to cool and set in the tray for at least 15 minutes. Carefully remove and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Pumpkin puree can be substituted for 2 large, ripe and mashed bananas, sweet potato puree or butternut squash puree.
- The peanut butter needs to be room temperature and can be substituted for almond butter or sunflower seed butter.
- Maple syrup can be substituted with honey or agave.
- The egg can be substituted with a flax egg or 1/4 cup applesauce.
- Espresso powder can be substituted with instant coffee powder or granules.