You cannot go wrong with this simple old school Italian dish. Super basic and healthy ingredients come together in one bowl to make an incredible appetizer, side dish, breakfast, snack or dinner. The word Schiacciata means bread in Italian.
This recipe is inspired by my neighbor growing up. She was not only an amazing Italian cook, but also a super sweet lady that shared with our family every day. And my yiayia would send over dishes to her house as well. Neighbors like that are hard to come by!
If you like this recipe you will love my: Italian Zucchini Scarpaccia
- Italian Zucchini Scarpaccia
- Crustless Zucchini Feta Pie
- Cheesy Vegetable Fritters
- Easy Zucchini Feta Pie
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Italian Vegetable Schiacciata
- Preheat your oven to 400℉. Line a 9 inch metal round pan with parchment paper. If you have corn meal, dust the parchment with it.
- Do NOT squeeze out any of the shredded vegetables liquids.
- In a bowl, combine the shredded potatoes, carrot, zucchini, flour, grated parmesan, olive oil, onion powder, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste and water. Mix well to make a smooth thick mixture. Transfer to your prepared pan and flatten out the top evenly. Sprinkle with a little more grated parmesan and corn meal (if you have it). Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Once done, allow to set in pan for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool 15 minutes. Slice and enjoy!
- Recommended Dip for Serving: SOUR CREAM