I have many meatball recipes but this happens to be a favorite. I’ve also formed these into burger patties and they are for sure a crowd pleaser.
You can use any type of ground meat here. I love them with ground lamb, beef, pork and chicken. You can also fry them in a pan with some olive oil, in lieu of baking. Either way, they will put a smile on your face. The must make accompaniment is my Tsatziki sauce. Do they need it? No. But it really takes the dish to the next level and is easy to whip up, so why not?
If you like this recipe, you might want to try my Soutzoukakia (Baked Greek Meatballs with Potatoes) or my Easy Chicken Pesto Meatballs.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you make this recipe or any other on the site, we would greatly appreciate you commenting and rating the dish. LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Mediterranean Meatballs (Spinach and Feta Keftedes)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1.5 cups baby spinach, chopped (3.5 cups whole)
- 1 small bunch fresh mint, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- salt + pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup feta, cubed small
- Preheat your oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the beaten eggs, chopped baby spinach, mint, onion and garlic. Toss in the meat, breadcrumbs, salt + pepper to taste and feta. Gently combine everything. Form medium sized meatballs.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 F.