The Best Cowboy Caviar Salad
I always have a ton of bell peppers and never know what to do with them. PROBLEM SOLVED. And in an incredibly addicting way too! This is a must make snack, side or main. We constantly make it on the weekends and my daughter and I graze on it the whole day. I personally cannot get enough of it but do yourself a favor, and don’t forget the tortilla chips when you make it.
And don’t worry if you are missing an ingredient or two. The first time we made it and filmed it, I forgot the jalapeño and green bell pepper and it still tasted awesome. I would say the non negotiable ingredients are a few bell peppers, the beans, avocados, corn, olives and feta.
The dressing is simple and fantastic. We used white balsamic dressing the last time and it was pure perfection. This is just so perfect because its got the protein from the beans and the all the vegetables and creamy feta – its heaven!
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Cowboy Caviar Salad
- 14 oz black beans, drained + rinsed
- 14 oz pinto beans, drained + rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, fine chop
- 1 yellow bell pepper, fine chope
- 1 orange bell pepper, fine chop
- 1 green bell pepper, fine chop
- 2 jalepeños, fine chop
- 3/4 red onion, fine chop
- 2 cups frozen sweet corn, thawed
- 1 cup black olives, chopped
- 6 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 avocados, fine chop
- Corn Tortilla Chips for scooping
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 small limes, juiced
- 3 tbs white wine vinegar
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 tbs taco seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- If you're making this salad ahead assemble everything except the avocados.
- Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients. Taste and adjust tang or sweetness to your palate.
This is delicious and healthy. I used fresh corn on the cob that I had grilled. Also added some chopped fresh mango and nectarine( 1 of each). Added some nice sweetness to it. And added some chickpeas because I had an open can.
Hi Lynne, Mmmmm I need to try it with the mango and nectarine! Thanks for the feedback!
Just made this morning for an afternoon bbq – hope its a HIT!
What type of black olives did you choose for this recipe?
HI Margaret, Kalamata olives!!!