Please make this. It is beyond yummy and comforting. This gooey delicious all in one dinner is garlicky delicious. It comes out exactly like risotto without all of the work of stirring and pouring, pouring and stirring.
If you are making this for small children, you can leave out the jalapeños and maybe add in some corn, mushrooms, bell pepper or peas. That’s the beauty of this dish, it works with any vegetable.
One Pan Creamy Chicken and Rice
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1.5 lbs chicken breasts
- garlic powder, onion powder, salt
- 4 tbs butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 jalapeños, fine chop
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 3.5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp Italian seasonings
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cube up your chicken breasts into 1 inch pieces. Season with salt, garlic powder and onion powder to taste.
- In a large deep skillet, heat your olive oil. Toss in the chicken pieces and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Melt your butter in the pan and throw in the onion and jalapeños. Sauté for a minute or two. Add the garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the rice in and stir for one minute. Mix in the chicken broth, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, lower heat to a simmer and then cover and cook for 17 -20 minutes – or until rice is done.
- Lastly, stir in the heavy cream and parmesan cheese until creamy.