It doesn’t have to be warm out to enjoy some delicious gooey s’mores. This cookie is a tiny package of summer vibes to be enjoyed all year around, WITHOUT a campfire or fire pit. My family and I actually enjoy s’mores more so in the winter time, using our fireplace, than in the summer.
This cookie really comes together quickly. It’s not complicated at all. First things first, unwrap your Hershey’s Kisses. Get your kids to do this part. It’s quite fun. You will inevitably pop a few but you wanna save your appetite for the cookie later – trust me!
Toss those graham cracker into your food processor, you need fine crumbs for this recipe. You could probably do the same job in a ziploc bag and your fist taking out any frustrations of the day.
I typically use the Dandie’s Vegan large marshmallows when I bake. We love them and the ingredient list is all recognizable. They also take longer to melt than the traditional JetPuff marshmallows.
I highly recommend you eat these fairly warm so that the marshmallow and chocolate are still gooey. Don’t burn yourself but eat them soon after they come out of the oven, if you can!
I just want to thank you for stopping by Hungry Happens and if you happen to make one of our recipes, I would be so grateful if you would comment and rate it. Cheers!
S’mores Blossom Cookies
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 tbs unsalted butter, room temp
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 graham crackers
- 1 egg, room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 large marshmallows, halved
- 24 Hershey's Kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a food processor, crush your graham crackers into fine crumbs. A fist, bad day and ziploc bag should work too.
- In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat the butter, sugar and 1/2 cup of the graham cracker crumbs until fluffy, 2 minutes. Add in the egg and vanilla and beat until incorporated. Add the flour mixture in thirds and beat until just combined.
- House the remaining graham cracker crumbs in a shallow bowl. Roll your dough into small balls and then coat in the graham crumbs. Bake for 10-12 minutes or; they will start to crack on sides. Remove from oven and turn on the broiler.
- Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes and then gently press down a marshmallow half (cut side down) into each cookie. Broil the cookies for 30 seconds until marshmallows edges turn golden. WATCH them – it happens quickly. You may have to rotate the pan halfway through. Remove the pan from the oven and immediately gently insert your Hershey's Kisses into each marshmallow.