These bars, hands down, are the gorgeous cousin of my Flourless Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Bars. Disclaimer: if you’re a fan of the mighty trio, you will devour these in a day. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
Simple and wholesome ingredients are what makes this dessert so popular. As per usual, make sure you use ripe bananas. If bananas are not your jam, no need to fret. Just sub in 3/4 cup pumpkin puree. Your peanut butter should be the kind where peanuts are the only ingredient (and salt); almond butter or sunflower seed butter.
The maple syrup flavor really comes through with these, but honey or agave can definitely be used instead. The egg can be replaced with either 1/4 cup applesauce OR 1 flax egg. The crowd favorites for marshmallows and chocolate chips are definitely Dandie’s Vegan Mini Marshmallows and Lily’s Sugar Free Chocolate Chips. This is not a paid ad, I have been using these products for years and love them. FYI, the best pan for these to bake in is a metal one. Try to stay away from silicone, glass or ceramic. These will be slightly gooey. Letting them cool completely is a must.
Below is a list of all the different versions I have created of these amazing bars. They are my most recreated recipe for a reason: you probably have all of these ingredients in your house right now. It doesn’t hurt that they are simple to make and DE-freakin-LICIOUS.
- Flourless Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Bars
- Flourless Peanut Butter Banana Brownies
- Flourless Almond Joy Bars
- Vegan + Flourless Pumpkin Brownies
Flourless S’mores Bars
- Preheat your oven to 325° F. Line an 8×8 metal brownie pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond flour, cinnamon and coconut sugar.
- Mash your bananas in a large bowl. Add in all of the other ingredients and mix until just combined. Transfer the batter to your pan and Optional: top the brownie with some extra chocolate chips and mini marshmallows for aesthetic purposes.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow it to cool for 30 minutes in your pan then remove and allow to cool on a wire rack for at least 2 hours to overnight.