So you’re probably wondering where the name 1905 comes from. I found this recipe on TikTok and it looked so good, I had to give a swing. I did some research and found out that the salad hales from a restaurant chain in Florida named Columbia Restaurant and their famous salad was christened the 1905 Salad because that was the year they opened up their first store.
My favorite part of this salad is definitely the dressing with that not-so-typical Worcestershire sauce ingredient. And I loved the julienned ham and Swiss cheese as well. There is no part of me that doesn’t appreciate a great NO COOKING REQUIRED dish.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
The 1905 Salad (Columbia’s Salad)
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 lb ham slices, julienned
- 1/3 lb Swiss cheese slices, julienned
- 10 oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 oz green olives, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 5 oz croutons
- 2 oz Parmesano Reggiano cheese, grated
- If serving immediately, whisk together all of your ingredients at the bottom of your large salad bowl. Taste and adjust the flavors if needed. Set aside.
- Combine all of your prepped ingredients in the salad bowl and toss with the dressing thoroughly to coat all. I like to top mine with extra freshly grated parmesan right before I serve to the table. Also some scrunches of black pepper.