Pizza night does not have to be a takeout situation. You can easily make this chopped salad and tortilla pizzas at home in under 30 minutes. The tortilla pizzas are one of my family’s favorite snacks.
Another bonus of this recipe is that you don’t really have to cook anything in a pan or the oven. It all quickly comes together on you counter top.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Italian Chopped Salad with Pizza Croutons
- 2 head romaine lettuce, sliced thin
- 1/3 lb genoa salami, sliced
- 13 oz chickpeas, drained, rinsed + dried
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced thin
- 3/4 cup Kalamata olives, halved
- 10 oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 7 pepperoniccinis, sliced
- 2 (6 inch) tortillas
- 1/4 cup marinara
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients and taste to see if you need to adjust anything.
- In a large bowl, toss the salad ingredients with the dressing to coat.
- Preheat your air fryer or mini oven to 400℉.
- Place the tortillas on a tray and bake or air fry for 3 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove from oven and spread out marinara on each. Sprinkle with mozzarella and place back in the oven or air fryer for 3 more minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and slice like a pizza to create triangular shape.
- Serve with your salad as a topping!