Viral La Scala Chopped Salad
A simple chopped salad you can throw together on those lazy days.
This is not a fan of the Kardashians but I am a big fan of the salad. Just a viral recipe I found on TikTok that looked absolutely delicious and simple to make. My two weaknesses in life.
If you like this salad, you will love my Italian Chopped Salad or my 1905 Columbia’s Salad. Both of these dishes eliminate cooking and all you have to do is whisk and chop to prepare.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this recipe or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the dish! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
La Scala Chopped Salad
- 15 oz chickpeas rinsed + dried
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped thin
- 4 oz salami slices, cut into small strips
- 8 oz marinated artichoke hearts, halved
- 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes, sliced
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Whisk together the first 5 dressing ingredients, taste and adjust anything if needed. THEN, mix in the parmesan cheese.
- Grab the chickpeas and marinate in 1/3 of the dressing.
- In a large bowl, toss the lettuce, salami, artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes and mozzarella with the remaining 2/3 of the dressing.
- Grab a small bowl and drop 1/4 of the chickpeas on the bottom. Top it with salad and pack it down tight. Flip the bowl over onto a plate and serve with a little extra grated parmesan and fresh cracked black pepper.
Calories: 811kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 58g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 29g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 1357mg | Potassium: 1007mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 14689IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 396mg | Iron: 6mg
Loved this simple, delicious recipe!!!
Hi Amanda!Thanks for trying the salad out! I’m glad you enjoyed it!
Excellent! It will be my go to salad.
Hi Joy! Glad you enjoyed it! It’s my go-to now as well!
Love Your recipes you are good.
Love the salad ingredients. Dressing not very good
HI Debra, I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy the dressing!
Yummy Salad 🥗❤️😋
Hi Carol! I agree, it’s addictive!!
Hi Amanda! Super yummy but I think the olive oil may be a bit too much on the dressing. Might want to cut it with some water or reduce the oil a bit. Otherwise so fab!!
how many calories is this salad?
Hi DeAnna, I will update that now.. thanks for commenting!
I loved this salad! So did hubby and my son!
A delicious variation for a dinner salad! Yummmm! Will definitely make it again!
Hi Christine! I feel the same way and I’m really glad the whole family liked it!!!
Hi! How long do you marinate the chickpeas?
Hi Cynthia, just for 20-30 minutes
I made this mouth watering salad today for lunch and gobbled it up so quickly and with so much gusto that I was almost embarrassed! I didn’t layer the chickpeas in a small bowl, but instead just mixed them in with the rest of the salad, which made it a little bit easier. I also added a little balsamic vinegar on top of the individual serving. This one, as with all of Stella’s recipes, is definitely a keeper!
This looks delish. Definitely tonight! What rice, potato or side dish would you recommend to pair this with?
HI Heather, I would pair with bread or mashed potatoes.
Is this really 811 calories per serving?
HI Amy, if you divide this into 4 servings – yes it is that many calories.
Hi, did you use the sun dried tomatoes that are in oil?
Yes, the ones in a glass jar in oil!
This sounds deliciousio! What type of mozzarella did you use?
Hi Gina, thank you! Just regular shredded mozzarella here.
I made the salad as a dinner salad / main course and we loved it. I am going to try each of your salad recipes this week. My fridge is stocked with ingredients.
Hi Claire, glad you enjoyed the salad, we eat it as a main dish too!