Literally the most customizable breakfast recipe. Whatever you have in your fridge, chop it up small and add it to your tortilla and eggs. Season everything well and bake! Fold it up like a taco and enjoy enjoy!
You can use a regular flour tortilla – the large burrito size ones. You can also grab some low carb, almond flour or cassava tortillas I’ve seen at Whole Foods for a Keto option. The tortilla ends up getting nice and crispy at the edges and is so dreamy.
The baking dish I used was small one at 10 x 7 inches. You want one that the edges of the tortilla are somewhat upright so they get crispy and form a cup like enclosure. I used literally whatever I had leftover in my fridge. You can add more or less things. Add whatever cheese you have or skip it all together to make it dairy free.
Bake these guys until the eggs are set to your preferred doneness. Mine took about 17 minutes. Top with some Sriracha sauce and fresh chopped chives for serving. Slice it in half and fold it up. You will not taste anything better than this for such limited effort – I promise you!
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Baked Egg Tortilla
- 1 large flour tortilla (burrito sized)
- 2 eggs
- 1 slice black forest ham, diced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 black olives, halved
- 1/4 green bell pepper, fine chop
- 1/4 small red onion, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Optional Garnish: Sriracha + chives
- Preheat your oven to 400° F. Lightly spray a small baking dish with olive oil (my dish was 10 x 7 inches).
- Place the tortilla into the baking dish with edges coming up against the sides of the dish. Add your eggs, ham and vegetables. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle on the cheese evenly and bake for 15 minutes or until you reach your desired doneness. Mine took about 17-18 minutes in my counter top oven.