I am in love with this little creation. Its super cute in presentation to serve to your guests or just for you. And if you don’t finish the whole thing just store the leftovers in your fridge and have it the next day, warmed up.
I definitely recommend making this with a shallot. You can also use an onion as a substitute though. You can beat your eggs or just plop them in the pan. They will take a few minutes longer to set when you’re baking though. For cheeses, I am apt towards feta cheese, but you can use anything you have on hand or prefer. Make sure you top yours with chili pepper flakes for that little kick!
This recipe was inspired from my Baked Egg Tortilla, so if you like this one, definitely check out that one!
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Baked Zucchini Egg Tortilla
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 small shallot, sliced thin
- 1 small zucchini, sliced thinish
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large tortilla (burrito size)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- chili pepper flakes and basil to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Spray an oven safe (8 inch) pan lightly with olive oil. Place your tortilla in your pan and press down so that the edges are coming up the sides.
- In a medium pan, heat your olive oil and then saute your shallot for 30 seconds and then your zucchini until golden. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the eggs into your tortilla pan and season them with salt and pepper to taste. Add in the zucchini and spread out evenly. Top with your feta and mozzarella and bake for 18-20 minutes or until set and golden brown on top.