These meatballs are compact packages of deliciousness served with some lemon broccoli pasta to finish off the meal properly. You can use any ground meat, like turkey, beef, lamb or pork here. I chose to bake them in the oven, but you can pan fry them in a little oil or air fry.
These a great meal prep dish for the week. They reheat perfectly. Make sure you chop up your broccoli into very small pieces. Gently mix them first with the onion, garlic and herb with the eggs to fully coat – this process helps the ‘loose’ ingredients stick to the meat that much better.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens and supporting the page! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Broccoli Feta Chicken Meatballs
- 1 small head broccoli, stemmed + chopped into tiny pieces (1.5 cups)
- 1 small white onion, fine chop
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 5 oz feta cheese, small cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
Easy Broccoli Lemon Pasta:
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 2 small heads broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp chili pepper flakes
- salt and pepper taste
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 400° F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the broccoli, onion, garlic, basil and eggs to coat. Next throw in the ground meat, breadcrumbs, feta and seasonings to taste. GENTLY mix with your hands to incorporate all. Form medium sized meatballs and space them out a little on the tray. Bake for 20 minutes. I throw on the broiler at the end for a few minutes to give them nice color but that's optional.
- Cook your pasta as per the instructions onthe package al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water.
- In a large pan, heat your olive oil and when its hot add in the broccoli florets. Season and cook for 5 minutes or until fork tender. Stir in the garlic for thirty seconds. Remove the pan from the heat source and add in your cooked pasta, pasta water, lemon juice and parmesan. Toss to coat. Serve with parsley and extra olive oil and cheese.