I have been a lifelong pizza connoisseur and never thought a crust made of broccoli would taste anywhere near as good. But that narrow thinking has seriously come to an end. This is even way better than the Low Carb Cauliflower Crust Pizza Breadsticks I have on the blog! The broccoli tastes incredible here.
The toppings are totally customizable her and you can use olives, feta, onions or mushrooms to make this a vegetarian pie. Next time I’m making two versions. The leftovers warm up perfectly in a covered pan or in your toaster oven.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Broccoli Crust Pizza
- 4 small crowns broccoli
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp each onion powder, dried oregano + salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 oz pepperoni slices
- 2 tbs grated parmesan
- chili pepper flakes, parsley + marinara for dipping
- Preheat your oven to 400℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Steam your broccoli crowns whole for about 8 minutes or until fork tender. Transfer to a cutting board, remove the stem parts and snack on them. Chop the florets tiny. Transfer to a cheese cloth or thin and clean dish towel and proceed to ring out as much of the liquids as possible.
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, eggs, 1½ cups mozzarella, 1/3 cup parmesan, garlic, parsley, onion powder, dried oregano, salt and pepper. Transfer the mixture to your baking sheet and gently spread out the mixture, packing it together and forming an oval shape. The crust should be about 1½ inches high. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once the crust is done, remove from oven and sprinkle evenly with the remaining mozzarella, pepperoni and grated parmesan. Pop back in the oven on BROIL for a few minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with chili pepper flakes, parsley and dip into marinara sauce.