Low Carb Cheesy Cauliflower Breadsticks
If you know me, you know I am always on the hunt for a fun veggie recipe. This cauliflower breadsticks is now a staple in my house thanks to the incredible yumminess. You definitely cannot taste any cauliflower (not that that’s bad in my book). And its also surprisingly not too cheesy either.
For this recipe, you can either use frozen cauliflower rice OR a small cauliflower head that you’ll grate on your cheese grater. Either way, you need to cook it off for 5 minutes on your skillet or 8 minutes in your microwave. This is done to remove the liquids. After this, we also need to ring it out in a cheese cloth to get the water out.
Once you’re done with that part, you need to saute your garlic in a little bit of oil to get the flavors really poppin. You can skip this step and just add it in straight away – but I prefer it this way. You can definitely use any shredded cheese you have on hand in place of the mozzarella. The pepperoni is also optional.
Thank you for swinging by HungryHappens! If you create this dish or any other from our website, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!!!
Low Carb Cheesy Cauliflower Breadsticks
- 1 small cauliflower
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 tsp Italian herb blend seasonig
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella (divided)
- 8 pepperoni slices
- Garnish: chili pepper flakes + parsley
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13" baking pan with parchment paper.
- Use a cheese grater to grate your cauliflower florets. Transfer the shreds to a large skillet and saute for 5 minutes, flipping occasionally. We want the water to evaporate but not brown the vegetable – keep the heat on medium. Transfer the shreds to a cloth to wring out any excess liquids still left in the vegetable.
- In a small skillet, add the oil and heat on medium. Add in the garlic and saute for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until fragrant.
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, garlic, eggs, dried herbs, onion powder, salt and pepper to taste and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Transfer the mixture to your prepared baking dish and flatten out evenly. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove and flip it over onto another slightly larger baking sheet lined with parchment. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove and top with the remaining mozzarella and your pepperoni. Broil until the cheese turns golden brown and bubbly.
How many cups of cauliflower rice is this?
Hi Lindy, about 3-4 cups cauliflower rice (squeezed of liquids)
Does it have to be fresh cauliflower or can it be frozen and cooked (then squeezed of liquids?)
For nutrition you have 211cals but for how many grams is that 211??
Hi Jenna, The nutrition information is for FOUR servings – about 3 breadstick strips per person.
Just to make sure I understand correctly, the nutrition info listed is for the entire recipe correct? That listed amount should be split up into four servings at about 3 pieces each?
Hi Jaclyn the nutritional info is for one of four servings
If there are leftovers, can I reheat the next day? Or will that not work. Thanks!
Hi Nicole, You can definitely reheat this just as you would a slice of pizza!
How much cheese? 6 oz or 1 1/2 cups?
sorry its supposed to be 2 cups cheese
I don’t understand the squeezing of water part? Why would there be water?
Mine had water! You want the rice dry as possible. You dont want it to bake and be soggy on the bottom!
So good! Euharisto! I am currently on “no dairy” so this was perfect only changed a few things. Followed cauliflower crust but then added my homemade sauce and sprinkled non-dairy cheese on top & smoked sausage. Delicious! Thank you 😊
Hi Voula! So happy you tried and liked the breadsticks!! The sausage topping sounds delicious!!
When I wring it out I always use paper towels. I haven’t kept cheesecloth around my kitchen in a long time.
Hi Judy, always use what works for you!
Love this recipe. Turned out yummy and wonderful. Thank you.
Hi Laura, so glad you liked it and thanks so much for giving it a try!