We just found a new chicken dish to add to our rotation. This is beyond easy to make – it literally comes together in less than 30 minutes! The kids love it because of the pizza flavors and I love it because its low carb.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Easy Pizza Stuffed Chicken
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup marinara (or pesto)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 oz pepperoni slices
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 1/2 tsp each onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, dried oregano
- Preheat your oven to 425℉ or your air fryer to 400℉. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice your chicken breast in half lengthwise almost to the end but keeping it intact as one piece of chicken. You want a flap or book type situation. Season the inside of each piece with salt and pepper to taste. Then add in 2 tablespoons of marinara to the interior of each piece and spread out. Next add in 1/3 of the mozzarella and top with 7 slices of pepperoni. Fold the chicken flap over and press down. Season the tops of the chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the the grated parmesan and all spices until incorporated. Sprinkle this mixture evenly on all of the tops of the chicken breasts. Bake for 20-25 minutes in your oven or 18-20 minutes in your air fryer. Thickest part of chicken should have an internal temperature of over 165℉.