We all have those nights that we don’t feel like cooking anything fancy or intricate. You’ve had a long day at work or with the kids and just want a quick dinner fix. And we also all have that packet of ravioli sitting in our freezer/fridge, that we excitedly purchased in the beginning of fall, waiting to be consumed. This sauce is super fast and easy to make, and will tremendously upgrade your oh-so-typical pasta night.
So this post is only for the sauce and not the ravioli. I know, I know, I’m cheating here but be patient with me. I JUST purchased the pasta attachment for my stand mixer and we will be bringing you home made pasta recipes soon enough!
The sauce is a beautifully flavored one, with the butter, sage and nutmeg coming together oh so nicely. And the toasted walnuts are perfect for that crunchy texture (needed here) and some added flavor. Nothing feels better than getting dinner on the table efficiently and deliciously.
Butternut Squash Ravioli with Brown Butter Sage Walnut Sauce
- 16 oz butternut squash ravioli
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 tbs butter
- 10 sage leaves
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- grated pecorino cheese for serving
- Cook your ravioli as per the package instructions, in salted water.
- In a small pan, toast your walnuts, constantly stirring, on medium heat. Don't walk away, they burn easily. Should take a minute or two.
- Add the butter to the pan and melt. Then stir in the sage and nutmeg. Cook this sauce on low, for 3-4 minutes until butter has adopted the flavor from the sage (constantly stirring).
- Divide the sauce amongst your cooked pasta and top with some grated pecorino cheese.