I cannot talk this dish up enough. Its incredible in taste and is super easy to make. The hardest part is slicing the squash thin but then the rest of the recipe is a pleasure to make in less than 5 minutes.
This is a unique and yummy way to use up that butternut squash and it’s also gluten free and less carbs than your traditional lasagna dish. I start with spraying my baking dish with olive oil. Then the first layer of the vegetable goes down, overlapping each piece.
If you want to achieve the crunchy top, make sure you add a little grated parmesan and then spray the top with some olive oil. I also had to cover mine loosely to complete the cooking process without overly browning the top of the lasagna.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
No Pasta Butternut Squash Lasagna
- olive oil spray
- 1½ lbs butternut squash peeled + sliced thin
- 8 thin slices prosciutto
- 16 oz shredded mozzarella
- 3 tbs pesto
- 3 tbs grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- chili pepper flakes
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Grab a 9×13 inch baking dish and spray the bottom and sides with olive oil.
- Slice your butternut squash between 1/8 and 1/4 inch thick. Layer the squash on the bottom of the baking dish, over lapping slightly. Add 4 slices of prosciutto then a blanket of mozzarella cheese. Next layer, add the squash, then brush on the pesto and then the mozzarella. Last layer, add on the squash, prosciutto and then cheese. Sprinkle with grated parmesan, dried Italian herbs and spray with olive oil. Bake for 40-45 minutes. I had to cover mine for the last 20 minutes to prevent over browning.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes then slice and top with chili pepper flakes to serve.